Friday 28 June 2013

Eminem Talks Drug Addiction In New Documentary: "My Bottom Was Gonna Be Death"



He’s had a career full of epic highs and depressing lows, and Eminem almost died as a result of his substance abuse issues.

The “Real Slim Shady” rapper opens up about his addiction in the new documentary “How To Make Money Selling Drugs” noting that he almost didn’t come out alive.

Em begins, “When I took my first Vicodin, it was like this feeling of ‘Ahh.’ Like everything was not only mellow, but [I] didn’t feel any pain. I don’t know at what point exactly it started to be a problem. I just remember liking it more and more. People tried to tell me that I had a problem.”

“I would say ‘Get that f**king person outta here. I can’t believe they said that sh*t to me. I’m not out there shooting heroin. I’m not f**king out there putting coke up my nose. I’m not smoking crack.’”

At one point Eminem’s drug use got so bad he had to be rushed to the emergency room. “Had I got to the hospital about two hours later, I would have died. My organs were shutting down. My liver, kidneys, everything. They were gonna have to put me on dialysis. They didn’t think I was gonna make it. My bottom was gonna be death.”

As for his recovery, Em noted, “I had to regain motor skills, I had to regain talking skills. It’s been a learning process, I’m growing. I couldn’t believe that anybody could be naturally happy without being on something. So I would say to anybody, ‘It does get better.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment