Tuesday 30 July 2013

Lady Gaga Talks Severity Of Hip Injury


During the height of her career, Lady Gaga was forced to go on hiatus because of a debilitating hip injury, and now the eccentric songstress is ready to talk about her struggle.

In a new interview with WWD, the “Born This Way” babe shared that had she not decided to bow out, things could have been considerably worse.

"My injury was actually a lot worse than just a labral tear. I had broken my hip. Nobody knew, and I haven't even told the fans yet. But when we got all the MRIs finished before I went to surgery, there were giant craters, a hole in my hip the size of a quarter, and the cartilage was just hanging out the other side of my hip. I had a tear on the inside of my joint and a huge breakage."

"The surgeon told me that if I had done another show I might have needed a full hip replacement. I would have been out at least a year, maybe longer."

During her downtime, Gaga made the most of her open schedule. "I had six months to beef up my brain and my body. I got to put a giant white or black sheet of paint over my whole canvas and I got to review ARTPOP again. I was given the time to really be creative because it's a gazing process, it really is. I have to gaze into the work for long periods of time for it to be good."

No comments:

Post a Comment