Wednesday 21 August 2013

Why I am different from Wizkid, Davido and Olamide – Vector

In a recent interview with a national newspaper   fast rising rapper David Ogunmefun popularly known as Vector, has disclosed why he is different from Wizkid, Davido, Olamide and the likes.
vector
According to him, having a high moral standard doesn’t involve having tattoos like his colleagues in the musical industry:

See excerpts below:

Don’t you think the likes of Davido, Wizkid, Olamide are stealing the show from you and others? 

I have never seen it like that. I will never see it that way.

Why? 

These guys are successful and I bless God for their lives. If you care to know, our audiences are different, so they are not stealing the show.

What makes you stand out?

I don’t mean to disrespect anybody, I have high moral; the guy that doesn’t do tattoo or plait his hair. Moreover, I am a guy that believes in education before anything.

Are you saying this because some of these guys have tattoo on their bodies and that a handful of them dropped out of school?

No! I’m saying what makes me stand out is what I have been doing and what makes them stand out is what they have been doing. You see, we are not contemporaries, so no threat. I have my fans around the world and I am comfortable with the love they show me. Nigeria is developing, not because we are comparing it with other developing countries. If we do that, we are not developing.

No comments:

Post a Comment