Friday 15 January 2016

Olamide Is Not That Kind Of Person – Kaffy Explains Headies 2015 Incident

Celebrity dancer and fitness coach Kafayat ‘Kaffy’ Ameh has addressed the shocking display from Olamide at the 2015 Headies which held on January 1, 2016.

Kaffy weighs in on Olamide incident at Headies 2015.
Kaffy weighs in on Olamide incident at Headies 2015.

The awards show was hosted by Kaffy and comedian Bovi. But she claimed not to have witnessed the incident as she was in her green room.


Speaking to Hip TV, she disapproved of the rapper’s act on the night, saying she introduced him to the Hip TV family and so doesn’t find it impressive that he went on stage and misbehaved.

She said: “Fortunately for me I was not anywhere near that area. I was waiting in my green room. I heard the scenario. I am not happy about it. I remember a couple of years back when I introduced Olamide to the Hip TV family so for me I will not condone any kind of behaviour in that manner.

She spoke further that his anger, following who emerged winner for the Next Rated category, must have prompted his reaction but it wasn’t a justified act nonetheless.

“Whether you are justified or not it’s not what we want young people to emulate, even though we are angry, we want to find a way to contain it. I am sure he is sorry about it. He is not that kind of person. The person I know is not that kind of person. So he probably allowed anger to take over him for a moment, and that moment was all over the world unfortunately, but I am sure it is not going to happen again.”

Kaffy, who gained major prominence in 2006 after she broke a Guinness World Records for the longest dance party ever at the Nokia Silverbird danceathon, is a key figure in the Nigerian entertainment industry.

She has helped orchestrate many dance performances on stage and in music videos for top Nigerian musicians.

No comments:

Post a Comment